What have you done this week for you? For a few people, these days of social isolation have felt like a little rest from the daily grind, but for you, you probably wore all the hats this week.
You were the head chef, the band director, the teacher, the jailer, the referee, the groomer, the personal trainer, the banker, the briber…and that’s all before you even tackled your day job!
Oofda! The added burdens of these unprecedented times feel like pile on. Girl, I have a pretty easy solution for restoring a little well being and replenishing your creative juices! Ready to fire up your sewing machine and make a quick and fun project?
Here’s what you need:
1. A little time carved out JUST FOR YOU; and,
2. A few pieces of fabric from your stash
Got that? Easy.
Download your free pattern
Now go fill up your mug with some fresh coffee and download this FREE PATTERN I designed called Sawtooth Stash Buster. It’s a quick and easy quilted wall hanging. If you are a fellow fabric hoarder, I can all but guarantee you have everything you need to complete this in one weekend and you will become a Lucy Bird Weekend Warrior!
Why tackle a Lucy Bird Weekend Warrior project?
- Starting something from scratch and finishing it up in one weekend makes you feel hugely accomplished. Like real huge.
- This project “busts your stash”. Let’s get real, we all know that using up some of those fat quarters we’ve tucked away gives us the guilt-free freedom to buy more next time we’re out and about “just browsing” at our local quilt store. This, my friend, is the equivalent of eating a cookie that tastes delicious BUT HAS NO CALORIES!
- This quilted piece finishes to 17”x17” and is perfect as a little piece of spring décor on your wall or will be a colorful base for a vase of flowers on your counter.
- And did I mention, YOU WILL HAVE THIS DONE IN ONE WEEKEND!
I know you will love this quick and fun twist on a classic quilt block. Once you get it done, please share your project on Instagram (I LOVE CONNECTING WITH YOU!) with the hashtag #thelucybirdweekendwarrior and #thelucybirdstashbuster.
I can’t wait to see how you bust your stash and your stress!
Christine Mitchell says