Welcome to The Lucy Bird!
I love to make things. All kinds of things. And I love connecting with fellow creators!
I have diagnosed myself with Crafting Attention Deficit Disorder (CADD) and you should know I totally just made CADD up. My mind races daily with a million different projects. I love to sew, scrapbook, paint, woodwork, embroider, quilt, cut random things on my die cutting machine, re-purpose a wide variety of thrifted garage sale treasures, and collect a bunch of things that other people would likely consider to be junk.
Lots of crafting ideas and their respective supplies die a slow death piled up in a corner of my basement because, you know, time. I have a supportive husband who is willing to turn a blind eye and who often brings me snacks.
If you’ve read along this far, you might be interested in knowing a little bit more about me, so here goes!
- First of all, let’s just get it out of the way. Crazy dog mom here. I’ll say it again, CRAZY DOG MOM! We have two puppers, Lucy & Dottie, and they are the light of my life:)
- When I started college, I considered studying elementary education mostly because I really wanted to make great bulletin boards and throw holiday parties. Those didn’t seem to be the right reasons to pursue this career path so I opted for banking and finance instead.
- I go to bed early. Like Grandma early. Seriously, if you call me after 9:00 P.M. there’s a good chance I’m already deep in REM cycle.
- I love all teeth-staining beverages and every 6 months I make my dentist chisel off the stains. Black coffee and red wine, you are the reason my dentist drives a Lexus.
- I once made a New Year’s Resolution to not be afraid of yeast. I should clarify…yeast used in baking. Turns out bread and cinnamon rolls and pizza crust are my best friends.
- Which leads me to working out. I’m mostly afraid of it. If I pick up a 10 pounder and get a sore muscle I automatically panic and think that I am diseased and that my arm may potentially fall off. One time at the gym I over-did it and got dizzy and bleary-eyed and the athletic-like worker bees made me lay on the floor with my legs in the air and eat a banana. I’m scarred forever.
- I have a very dry, very sarcastic sense of humor. A lot of people don’t get it – or me – right away. Stick around a bit and I think you’ll understand. Or don’t. Whatever.
- But you should.
- The Lucy Bird is named after one of my dogs, Lucy, who I sometimes call “bird”. It all makes absolutely no sense, so I understand your confusion. I needed a business name and all of the ones that made any sort of sense were taken.
- I love to travel and am forever trying to knock some things off of my bucket list. My favorite adventures so far have been paddleboarding in Maui, safari-ing in Africa, road-tripping in Ireland, and island-hopping in Greece. Sometime over a cup of coffee I’ll tell you about my near-death experience in Paris.
- I am married to a wonderful fella who makes me laugh every. single. day. He supports my hobby and brings me snacks. I’ll keep him!
“I love to make things. All kinds of things. And I love connecting with fellow creators!”Stephanie
The Lucy Bird Blog